2023 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4MATICBest Mercedes Benz SUV Choice
2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV Review
Starting with it’s most dazzling score and ranking, safety. The GLE stands out from many in the class, or on the market for that matter, on safety ratings (National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration) and safety features in both base models and upgraded editions. Scoring a perfect five stars out of five.
From there we move to another strong standout for the class; Power. The GLE has a base of 329 horsepower engine, and upgraded editions boast up to 577 horsepower. A strong achievement for the class, making it a real stand out in performance and power specifically.
That being said, the M-class isn’t the most agile or sharpest handler in the Luxury SUV class. It’s All-Wheel-Drive base model leaves out the sporty and athletic feel for it’s rivals. The 2021 edition won’t be leading as far as maneuverability in its class.
As far as interiors and cabins go for the Luxury SUV class, the M-class fits the bill, without raising the bar a vast amount. The cabin is plush and extravagant enough to earn it a spot at the top of the pack, without earning it the crown.
Another plush interior feature is the all new navigation-control features. Including a new MBUX infotainment system. Which stands for Mercedes-Benz-User-Experience, something I’m sure the company is happy to remain innovative and competitive in. Directly competing with the BMW x5 and Audi Q7 in features and functionality.
However as featured as the inside is, the drivability leaves some room to grow. Even with its powerful engines it’s lacking in that athletic agility many Luxury consumers may also be in the market for. Also not a very strong stand out in the class as far as fuel economy goes. With only 12-17 mpg in the city, and 18-23 mpg on the highway, the M-class won’t be receiving any accolades for the economy.
In other regards to finances, the cars base model price starts at $56,000, a slightly above average for the class, but a good leap under the usual Mercedes-Benz price tag.
Overall the car meets many of the high standards Mercedes-Benz is often noted for, especially in interior style and safety features. However it leaves a lot lacking in the way of exciting features, clever innovation, and general uniqueness to distinguish it as an overall great. Not being very well rounded is reason enough for the buyer to compare it to its competitors, though it shouldn’t exclude from the conversation.
- 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine
- 9G-TRONIC automatic transmission with shift paddles
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster display
- 12.3-inch touchscreen multimedia display
- Active Brake Assist
- Active Parking Assist
- Adaptive braking technology
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Blind Spot Assist
- Double sun visors
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- DYNAMIC SELECT
- Five USB-C ports
- Garage Door Opener
- HANDS-FREE ACCESS
- Hands-free Bluetooth interface
- Heated Front Seats
- Keyless Go™
- LED headlamps and taillamps
- MB Navigation
- Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call service
- Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX)
- Over-the-air software updates
- Power-folding side mirrors
- Power front seats with driver-seat memory
- Power Liftgate
- Power tilt/sliding sunroof
- Power tilt/telescoping steering column
- PRE-SAFE Sound
- Rearview camera
- Remote Start via Mercedes me Mobile App
- Retractable luggage cover
- Selective damping system
- SmartKey with KEYLESS-START
- Standard Options Included+
- Steering-wheel Touch Control Buttons
- Touchpad controller
- Voice Control with Natural Language Understanding
|Transmission:||9-Speed Shiftable Automatic|
|Engine:||2.0L Inline-4 Turbo|
|MPG:||City / Highway|
|Lease Term:||42 Months|
Browse through the vast selection of vehicles that have recently been added to our inventory.